Blackboard

Journal Submissions not showing as Needs Grading

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
12 Posts
Amanda Hunt posted on 27 Mar 2013 4:07 PM

One of our instructors encounter a problem with his students journal submissions not showing up in the needs grading section, nor did they show as needing to be marked in the full gradecentre (please note he assigned the journal as a group assignment).  He did however, find the unmakred assignment under the group's journal area.

Is this a known issue?  I looked around in the Known Issues area but couldn;t find anything related to this.  Or could it be something in the way that he set up the Journal assignment? Just wondering if you have come across this before.

Thanks,

Amanda

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Male
7,481 Posts

Amanda,

Just to confirm, in the settings for the journal, did the instructor select the "Show participants in 'Needs grading' ! status after every [x] entries" setting?  That is the option that instructors must select if they want journal entries to appear in "Needs grading" after the student has made a certain number of journal entries.  If the instructor does not select that option, the journal entries will not appear in "Needs grading".

Mike

Top 10 Contributor
Female
1,128 Posts

Amanda - did the student by any chance either a) use a mobile device to add the journal entry or b) save it as a draft before submitting it?

paige

Top 500 Contributor
12 Posts

Hi Paige: 

I am not sure.  I've asked the instructor to ask the students whose submissions did not show as needing to be marked whether or not they saved as a draft or submittied via the mobile app. 

Would either of these two things cause this happen?

The instructor did set the Journals as "show in needs grading".  Some of the students submissions did show up in the needs grading area but not all.

Thanks!

Amanda

Top 10 Contributor
Female
1,128 Posts

This is a known issue and is slated to be corrected in a future service pack.

paige

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS