Blackboard

SCRIPTS SQL SERVER 2008

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
12 Posts
Jhon Felipe Urrego Mejia posted on 23 Sep 2010 6:15 PM

Good afternoon, from Colombia, I would like to know if anyone has script to sql server 2008, in which statistics can be extracted from several of my courses and users to the version Blackboard Learn 9.1.

Tnks

Greetings

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
Male
7,866 Posts

Jhon,

What kind of statistics are you trying to extract, specifically?

Mike

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Male
7,866 Posts

Jhon,

What kind of statistics are you trying to extract, specifically?

Mike

Top 500 Contributor
12 Posts

Good morning,

Course Usage
-- User, Course, Application, Usage Counts

User, Course Usage Counts Per Day

User, Course Usage Counts Per Hour

Course Main Content Area
-- Accesses by Content Area per user

Accesses by Content Area per user By Date

Course Group Usage
-- Course Access by Group/User

Course Access by Group by Date

for the moment

tnks

greetings

Top 10 Contributor
Male
7,866 Posts

Jhon,

You can get most of these statistics from the course statics area of the course in question. Are you looking for something different, or specifically for SQL scripts?

There is a building block called "Project ASTRO" (Advanced Reporting and Tracking) which allows you to gather statics system-wide or for individual courses.  You can find out more about it here: http://connections.blackboard.com/posts/3b168675b4

Mike

Top 500 Contributor
12 Posts

The area of statistics does not offer personalized information, you must have it in sql scripts for customization, and made the request for shipment to the project ASTRO, but you can help me with sql scripts

tnks

Greetings

Top 10 Contributor
Male
7,866 Posts

Jhon,

I'm afraid I don't have SQL worked out to get the statistics you asked about.  However, there are a couple of SQL scripts in the "Snippets" section or Project OSCELOT (http://projects.oscelot.org/gf/snippet/?action=SnippetBrowse&id=1) that retrieve some of the stats you're interested in.  I would start with those.

Mike

Top 500 Contributor
12 Posts

Thanks, collaborative construction would be interesting, I can start but I have not yet introjected all layout tables and relationships.

Another question, you have the .war file of ASTRO, or should I wait for the response of the request I made today

Top 10 Contributor
Male
7,866 Posts

Jhon,

You should get the Project ASTRO .war from the authors.  It's not something I can give you.

Mike

Top 500 Contributor
12 Posts

Hello, you confirm me emails where the request is made, because I have more than a week waiting

thanks

Top 10 Contributor
Male
7,866 Posts

Jhon,

The emails listed on the Project ASTRO page that I pointed you to on Connections are correct as far as I know.  However, I gave you that link on Friday the 24th of September and it's only Monday the 27th, so you have not been waiting for a week, and most of the time you have been waiting is over the weekend when many people are not checking their work emails.

Mike

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS