A faculty member created a column and posted values. The column later disappeared. We checked to see if the column had been hidden, and it was not. We created another column with the same name thinking that the system would tell us that the name existed, but the name was accepted. We also exported the graded book and asked to included all columns, but that did not show us the missing column. Any help with solving this mystery would be appreciated.
First thing that comes to mind is that the column was created and the column title contained special characters (!@#$%^&*). I have seen these cause issues like this.
Next thing is that the column was deleted or renamed.
Lastly, the iinstructor created the column in a different section by mistake.
I have seen all of these happen.
Hope this helps
thanks for the reply. The instructor did include a special character on the column name - "#" , but there is another column that also has the pound/number sign. Strange that only one column disappear. We did asked if she might of changed the name or even placed the column to a different section, but the values she entered were not displayed and this was the only section she was teaching. I guess the special character would have done it. Thanks so much for the prompt reply. Have a great weekend.
© Blackboard, Inc.