Blackboard

How to Integrate iTunes U podcast and How to Block Student Access

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Jia-Yi Cheng-Levine posted on 3 Jun 2012 7:40 PM

Hi,

In BB9, I can't seem to find ways to integrate iTunes U podcast into the course. I am also having difficulty in finding ways to block student access to the course, like I did in BB8.

Thank you for your help.

Jia-Yi

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Male
7,884 Posts

Jia-Yi,

Are you coming from Blackboard Learning System 8, or from Blackboard CE/Vista 8?    The ways of blocking student access haven't really changed from Bb Learning System 8 to 9, though the locations of the settings might be different:

1) To keep all students out of the course, you set the course to be unavailable, by looking under Control Panel > Customization > Properties, and set "Make Course Available" to "No".

2) To block access to the course for a particular student, you can set that student's enrollment to be unavailable, by looking under Control Panel > Users and Groups > Users, then open the pull-down menu next to the student's name and select "Change User's Availability in Course".  This option will only work if your school has the server configured to allow instructors to edit users' availability, however.

As for integrating with iTunes U in Blackboard, it depends on whether or not your school has installed the iTunes U building block (add-on) on the Blackboard server.  If they have, you should be able to link to iTunes U by doing something like these instructions from Suffolk University: http://suffolk.screenstepslive.com/spaces/1050/manuals/bb9/chapters/5509

However, if you do not see these options, you should contact your school's Help Desk and see if they would consider installing it.

Mike

Not Ranked
2 Posts

Thank you so much for your reply/help, Mike. It was most timely. I was able to set up my classes in time. I wanted to drop you a note and say "Thank you!"

Jia-Yi

Top 10 Contributor
Male
7,884 Posts

I'm glad that everything worked as it should, Jia-Yi!

Mike

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS