Blackboard

Make a student orientation module

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
7 Posts
John A. Hollenbeck posted on 3 May 2012 12:20 PM

OK, here's what I want to do. Faculty have asked for a student orientation module to Blackboard that could be included in their classes if needed. I have made a Learning Module that fills those needs. It includes stunningly effective lessons on using Bb, plus links to an "ice-breaker" discussion and a simple quiz.

So how do I package up this work of genius and distribute it to all the other faculty courses? Since it includes a quiz and discussion board, the Content Collection does not work. Also, I want it to be more like a course object that can be uploaded and enabled in the course.

Does this mean I finally have to learn SCORM? Or is there a way out?

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Male
7,480 Posts

John,

You could just build it as a stripped-down "course" with nothing in it but the materials you want to include.   Then you could export it to a course export (.zip) file, and instructors could import it into their courses with the "import package" option.  The only thing is, you'd have to be sure to tell them what options to select when importing the package as well.   They'd probably want to import "Discussion Board", "Tests, Surveys and Pools", "Grade Center Columns and Settings", and whatever content areas you have things deployed in, for instance.

Mike

Top 500 Contributor
7 Posts

Michael,

That's a lot of work for a simple course module. Would this work if I made a SCORM package instead? I doubt my faculties' ability to follow the instructions you suggest (don't tell them I said that).

Thanks,

**John

Top 10 Contributor
Male
7,480 Posts

John,

You can have tests in a SCORM module, but I don't think a SCORM module can access the discussion board.

Mike

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS