Blackboard

Uploading Assignment

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bobbi Lane posted on 9 Apr 2012 3:39 PM

I am trying to upload an assignment (a docx file) and there is no tab on the left hand side to upload from my computer.  I have used this tool previously in other courses and it has always automatically populated.  Is there a way to add that feature, or is it instructor based? Thanks! Have to get this assignment turned in.

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Male
137 Posts

Check with your instructor; they have to set up Assignments.

"An educated mind without a focused will is useless.  An educated mind  without a loving heart  is dangerous." —Winfried Deijmann.

Not Ranked
2 Posts

I'm having the same issue and I have turned in several class assignments using the upload from my computer feature and just today for the first time it is not available. Are there any other options available. I am late turning my assignment in due to this issue.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
7,492 Posts

Bobbi and shannon,

It sounds like your schools may be using Blackboard CE/Vista.   Usually, missing "My Computer" icon indicates a Java problem on your computer, such as having multiple versions of Java installed.  Click on the "Browser check" button on the school's Blackboard login page to check for Java problems, and follow the directions on the browser check.

Mike

Not Ranked
Female
1 Posts

I heard back from my professor that they're having java issues.  Just to be sure, I deleted my java and downloaded the latest version and installed and Voila!  the browse button is back!

Not Ranked
1 Posts

I am having the same problem with Java.  Checked my browser and it will not come up.  Can you help me with this.  Need to attach my assignment from week 5 for Chapter 20.  Saved it thank goodness.  Thanks.

Not Ranked
1 Posts

Our institution is having a similiar problem and we have found a work around for our students. We have found that if you run your mouse over the area where the my computer icon should be your mouse will turn into a hand. Left click when you receive the hand  and it will bring up a dialog box allowing you to browse for one file at a time.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS