HTML5 support

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Male
10 Posts
Grant Bailey posted on 29 Nov 2011 3:00 AM

Hello,

Could someone please clarify the extent of HTML5 support in Learn 9.1 which seems to ignore the new <video> tag (as well as everything inside it).

Thank you and regards,

Grant Bailey

University of Western Sydney

All Replies

Not Ranked
1 Posts

I have a similar problem with the <audio> tags.

After I enter the audio HTML5 code and click submit or switch from the HTML view to WYSIWYG and back to HTML view, all the html code is gone.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
7,789 Posts

I've never seen any documentation indicating that there was any support at all in Blackboard for HTML5, at least not yet. On the most recent version of Blackboard, 9.1 SP8, I'm still seeing HTML5 code stripped out just like you are when the item is submitted, so my guess is that the markup validation routines that are run on submission are stripping it out.

They are working on a completely updated text editor that should be released withing the next few months I think, but there's no real documentation about new features in the editor just yet.

Mike

Top 500 Contributor
Male
10 Posts

Hello,

The only way I found to overcome this was to create a stand-alone HTML file and folder structure, upload it to the Learn 9 repository and then link to it. Not very satisfactory but the only way (at present) of achieving the goal.

Regards,

Grant Bailey

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS