We are testing our SIS integration that was created by our SIS support group. Everything worked fine except for 5 of the 7 courses we built content for gave a "Resource not Found" error when trying to access the content in the newly built courses. The only difference I can find between the courses whose content built properly and the courses who content does not work is that the two that built properly had instructors enrolled in the template course. There was not an instructor enrolled in the template courses that are giving the error message in the newly built courses.
Also, the dates are not passing from our SIS and into Blackboard.
What 9.1 service pack do you have installed? There were problems with course copies in service packs before SP4 (see http://kb.blackboard.com/display/KB/Course+Files+and+Broken+Content+Link+Issues+-+Updated+for+9.1+SP+5 ), and often the problem resulted in file attachment links pointing back to the course course, rather than the files being copied into the destination course. If the user was not also enrolled in the sourse course, they did not have permissions to view files and this resulted errors. I'm not sure if this also affects copies made from templates, but it's worth checking to be sure that the files were copied from the template to the destination course.
We are at SP5. And I actually thought that may have been the problem so we deleted the courses that we built last week and rebuilt them this week after SP5 was installed. Didn't fix the problem though.
We have the same problem with 9.1 SP5. Has Anyone found a pattern of this behavior? Because we only have eliminated buttons of menu to have a "good" solution.We want to know what is the source of this behavior. If someone know please let me know and I'll be very grateful.
This "Resource not Found" problem on course copies is recurring for us (where in the destination course, links to course files point to the source course) since upgrading to SP6. We did not have a problem with SP4 and we have submitted a ticket, case #877956 .
We have had to revert to using Export Package and Import Package for these courses.
It seems like there are several different problems that can give this error.
We just upgraded to SP5, and after doing a course copy, noticed that files which were more than one folder down in the Course Files area were not accessible to students. The files themselves seemed to have appropriate permissions, but the folders above them did not. At least, that's what appeared to be the issue, and adding course user permissions to the folders let students get to the files.
So, in order to diagnose the problem, you probably want to start by determining 1) whether or not the resources actually exist within the course 2) whether the links you have pointing to the resource are pointing to the right place, and 3) whether the resource is unavailable to everyone at all times, or only unavailable to students (or possibly instructors when edit mode is turned off).
When we get the "Resources Not Found" error, we cannot access the courses at all. We did try the permissions thing and in one case the course built and the content showed for the instructor but not the student. Further investigation showed that the file structure was not in the copied course at all. We could probably write a book about the different issues we have encountered with this and it is still not resolved. Have had a ticked open with Blackboard Support for a couple of months. We have been trying some things ourselves. Still nothing.
Hi MichaelWe experimented the behavior in the access at entire course. Indeed we don't can change settings, sometimes only changing the entry point in DataBase we can access but sometimes not, and only deleting some or all buttons from the database allows us
We had the same problem. In our case it was an option in the 'Set Course Duration' property
It should say :
Hope this helps
Kind regards, Bert Leene
© Blackboard, Inc.