A few years ago, I created a final exam with the assessments tool. It has all types of answers (multiple choice, fill in the blank, paragraph). This semester, I changed texts, so I needed to change the assessment. I have two sections, so I did it twice. I think I did it the same way, and they look the same, but one test works and the other doesn't.
Students with the problematic test can access the quiz, and they can add their answers, but it will not record. When the students try to save their answers, it freezes up. Is this something I can fix?
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated--they are supposed to be testing now...
By your description, it sounds like a corruption with the quiz in the one section. Best option is to contact your school's Blackboard Vista/CE Administrator for assistance.
Meanwhile, one possible fix is to go into the section where the quiz is working. Go to the Build tab->Assessments and in the listing of quizzes, pull down the Action menu next to the title of the quiz that is working. Select the "Export" option and export the quiz to an IMS Content Package. Download this package (.zip) to your local computer. Next log into the other section and go to Build->Manage Course->Import to import the IMS Content Package containing the quiz into the course. Adjust the quiz properties, use selective release to make it only available to the Demo Student, test it as a Demo Student and then change the selective release to release the quiz to the students. Recommend after import that you rename the quiz you just imported including the column in the Grade Book.
Hope this helps...
© Blackboard, Inc.