Blackboard

windows Security issue with Blackboard and IE8

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
1 Posts
miguel lopez posted on 13 Aug 2010 5:31 PM

Hello,

I've come across an interesting issue, when I try to open up a document(any document but mostly word) I get prompted to enter a set of credentials from Windows Security. It wants me to enter my credentials for my schools Blackboard Vista site, I have done this and nothing seems to work. However, I can simply click on the cancel button and the document opens up. I have tried this in other browsers and this issue is only occurring when I use IE8 and Windows 7.

I know its not the Credentials Manager in Windows 7 so I figured it has to be a setting in IE8. Has anyone else encountered this issue and have you found a resolution for it?

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Male
7,963 Posts

Hi miguel,

Yes, this is a known problem.  There's a long article about it from the administrators point of view in the support area, but the underlying problem is really a Microsoft one, and I don't really see any solution or workaround mentioned:

Persistent cookies are not shared between Internet Explorer 7 and Office applications in Windows Vista - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932118

Mike

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS