Blackboard

Blackboard 9: can you delete individual msgs in Discussion Board threads?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 150 Contributor
18 Posts
Susie Gardner-Brown posted on 6 Jul 2010 8:01 PM

When I searched here to see if this question had been asked/answered before, I see that I asked it last year, but about Blackboard 8!! The Discussion Board in Bb9 is different. I can only see a way to delete a whole thread - am I missing something or is this the way it is now?

Thanks

Susie Gardner-Brown

University of Queensland

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
Male
7,776 Posts

Susan,

My Bb 9 test server isn't up at the moment, but I don't recall the discussion boards being all that much different between Bb 8 and Bb 9.  In both, you should be able to:

1) go to the forum where the post is

2) switch to "Tree View" (using the List View/Tree View toggle in the upper right)

3) select individual posts that you'd like to delete, then

4) remove them by clicking "Delete" in the menu bar

However, if you delete a post, the replies to that post are also deleted.

Mike

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Male
7,776 Posts

Susan,

My Bb 9 test server isn't up at the moment, but I don't recall the discussion boards being all that much different between Bb 8 and Bb 9.  In both, you should be able to:

1) go to the forum where the post is

2) switch to "Tree View" (using the List View/Tree View toggle in the upper right)

3) select individual posts that you'd like to delete, then

4) remove them by clicking "Delete" in the menu bar

However, if you delete a post, the replies to that post are also deleted.

Mike

Top 25 Contributor
Male
137 Posts

I'll add to that the diections I give instructors for clearing out student posts at the end of th term:

Removing Discussion Board posts: In Tree View, you'll see checkboxes next to each post.  Click Expand All to "unfold" all the threads, click the checkbox at the very top to select all the posts, then click the ones you want to keep to un-select them.  Then click the Delete button (next to Message Actions and Collect)

"An educated mind without a focused will is useless.  An educated mind  without a loving heart  is dangerous." —Winfried Deijmann.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS