Blackboard

Question Item outside a Test

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Stijn Van Laer posted on 6 May 2010 5:34 AM

Hi everyone

Is it possible in BB9 to insert a question item (a particular question type) as item outside a test? This because I want to include one or two questions after a regular textitem which isn't a asseyquestion, but just a training for the students.

Thanks in advance!

All Replies

Hi Stijn,

I see you said Bb 9, however you posted in Bb Vista CE forum.  So I have an answer below for both.

If I understand you correctly you are using Blackboard CE or Vista (WebCT side of the Bb fence) product and you would like to include 1 or several questions that are part of the training or text module, outside of a regular quiz?

There is no built in mechanism for that.  However look into Soft Chalk, a 3rd party application that allows you to build HTML content pages for use in Blackboard, CD-ROM, websites, etc, that you can have text, pictures, and then Questions or short little quizzes.  Because it supports SCORM 1.2 or 2004 it can also be set up to report that a student completed it, and even a score to the grade book if you desire that.

That is one option. 

Respondus Studymate is another great product for building some games, flashcards, and other activities.

Those are my best options that I know of .

Now if you are on Bb 9.x (latest release of software)  you can build a content page that has text, and many other items including a self evaluation or quiz.  The questions do not appear in the text, but it shoots you out to a quiz.  Realize that in any Bb product you can build a quiz and just not have it give any points in the grade book, or you can have it put a score there, but hide the column and grade from students, so it becomes something that lets you know they completed it.

Not Ranked
2 Posts

Thank you very much for your answer, it is very useful to me!

Top 500 Contributor
10 Posts

This is all very new to me and this article really opened my eyes.Thanks for sharing with us your wisdom.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS