Blackboard

New forums ... and old Identities.

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
10 Posts
Emmadw posted on 7 Dec 2009 5:58 AM

I'm not entirely convinced about the new forums ... while I think that having a community can be useful - it's also a pain to have to enter similar information in lots of different places. ...

However, my main question is, is it possible to merge the old & new identities?

Sorry if I got this in the wrong forum ... there doesn't seem to be a general one.

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
185 Posts

Hi Emma.  The new forums are tied to your Behind the Blackboard identities.  As I understand, the posts from the old forums were migrated, but I'm not sure what you may otherwise be looking for.

Top 500 Contributor
10 Posts

I didn't have a Behind Blackboard identity before ... I can see that most of the old messages have been forwarded to here, but when i went to "my messages", or something like that, it only (obviously!) knew about those I'd created on the new boards, not those I'd previously created with my "Ask Dr. C" account ...

Also, I altered my name in here to be "Emmadw" (the same as the old ID I'd been using).

However, if I find an old post I get to an identity that was created, based on my old login details. Once I'm logged in, I get to see my new one ... with a different join date & some messages. Unfortunately the old one doesn't show the message that I wrote. If you look at http://discussions.blackboard.com/forums/t/30683.aspx you'll see that Emmadw posted a message in November & one in December. They're both me, but I now have two identities.

Top 500 Contributor
11 Posts

Hi Emmadw,

Thanks for your feedback on the new Ask Drs C Forums.  I'll have our IT folks help me answer your questions about merging the new and old profile information.

One of the things that the new Ask Drs C Forums allows us to do is to integrate with our central authentication server here called Blackboard Passport.  This means that you won't have to remember multiple logins and passwords to access different Blackboard provided tools.  Your new account now gives you seamless access to:

• The Ask Drs C Forums
  • Blackboard Connections (http://connections.blackboard.com) - our central site for user community activities like Users Groups, Community Job Board, Events Calendar, Faculty & Instructional Design Effective Practice library and more
  • Behind the Blackboard (http://behind.blackboard.com) - the central Support website that gives you access to documentation and manuals. For system administrators it also is the central site for entering support tickets and downloading Blackboard software
  • Edugarage.com - the Blackboard Developer Community website where information about our software development kit (SDK), and how to customize Blackboard and integrate Building Blocks and PowerLinks into Blackboard Learn software

If you have other feedback for us about the new Forums please let me know.

Thanks,

Jan

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Jan Poston Day

Senior Director, Client Engagement

Blackboard

650 Massachusetts Ave, NW

6th floor

Washington, DC 20001-3796

jan.day@blackboard.com

+1 (202) 463-4860 x2285

AIM: Jan Poston Day

Twitter: www.twitter.com/jpostonday

Not Ranked
Female
1 Posts

I am not sure if you are to whom I should send this reply, but I am trying to login to the bb passport area, and after I login -- nothing happens.

I am going to:  https://passport.blackboard.com   I enter my login info, and then a shaded box appears over the login info I have entered/submitted ... but then it gives me no buttons or links to continue.

Am I doing something wrong?   My login is:   melanie.fraser@browardschools.com    and my password is:   mf4744

Thank you.

Ultimately, I have been trying to login/register for Behind the Blackboard and am having a lot of trouble navigating this site.

(More info than you may need to know:    I am an instructor for Broward County Public Schools, and am the eLearning Coordinator for my school.)

Thanks for any help or direction you can provide me.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS