Does anyone know how to do this with Bb9.1? The ability to change the Special Action is removed. I used to do it all the time in Bb8 and 9.0, but now that we just upgraded to 9.1 I'm stuck...and so are the sys admins...
Yes it stinks that they do not allow you to unpackage files right in the course. You have to unpackage them in the Content Collection. There are two ways you can do this but I am going to tell you of the way to do it so that you can choose to open in a new page or not.
1) Create a content area
2) Add File
3) Browse Course Files (This takes you to content collection)
4) Browse into the course folder that you want to store the package in.
5) Create a Folder, name it
6) Make sure you are in the new folder
7) Upload package
8) Browse to the zip folder on your computer
9) Click submit
10) now you can see the unpacked folder.
11) put a check next to index or homepage (whatever you start page is)
12) Click submit
13) Now you can decide what permissions to give. ( If you don't choose Read access to all files in the folder then some of the things on your pages will not be seen by the students.)
14) Choose color
15) Then new window yes/no
That is it. If you don't need to specify whether to open in a new window or not, in step 2 you would choose item instead of file.
Hope that helps.
© Blackboard, Inc.