Blackboard

Multiple test attempts

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 0
jorge.vizcarra Posted: 19 Dec 2008 12:00 AM
--- Server: ?(?) | Client: ?(?) ---

I'm developing a course in Statistics that contains several calculated questions in the assessment area. I'll like to give students a chance to take the exams several times. However, I'll also want to obtain the average grade of the different attempts. Unfortunately, I just can't find the way to do so. Apparently Blackboard only register the grade of the last attempt and I can't find a way to obtain the average.
Not Ranked
Posts 0
Hi Jorge,

In CE/Vista, when you're creating an assessment, look under the Student Score section of the screen. Below the various options for Release of score, you should see this:
"If multiple attempts are allowed, display the score of the following attempt as the Student's grade: _________".
Where I put the blank is actually a drop-menu containing the options of First, Last, Highest, and Average.

Kate
Not Ranked
Posts 0
I see, the problem is then the version that we are using: Blackboard Academic Suite (7.0.298.0). The drop menu is not available in the 7.0 version (or at least I don't see it)
Is there any way to go around this problem with the version that we have available?
Jorge
Not Ranked
Posts 0
Hi Jorge,

In Bb Classic (and I'm not sure of the exact steps for 7.0 as I only have access to 8.0), you would go to the Grade Book and change the column settings for the test column you want to affect. There should be a setting marked "Score attempts using" which will give you the option of choosing first attempt, last attempt, lowest attempt, highest attempt or average to grade.

I hope that helps,

David Rosenbaum
Sr. Solutions Engineer, Blackboard
Not Ranked
Posts 0
Thanks David,
Apparently the problem is the version that we are using. Version 7 doesn't allow you to set a "score attempts using" interface.
Jorge
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS